18:13, August 8, 2015 (UTC)
First Game of the Season
Heya, Bond! So... the first game for the badgers is coming up and I already took care of all of the reminders for the users who's characters made it into the Hufflepuff Quidditch Team... Just wanted to let you know to post in the locker room and stay sort of on pace with the game, if you can...
03:51, August 10, 2015 (UTC)
Oh my God! Thank you so much!
Thanks so much for helping to move those old auditions! Seriously, that's really helped me, and you didn't need to do that! *hugs*
14:22, August 10, 2015 (UTC)
- That's still so nice of you though, I really appreciate it :) Well, now that you're done with that and I think I'm done with my bit...do you want to RP with me? :P
14:27, August 10, 2015 (UTC)
- Hmm, so many choices xD I really don't know, I'm so bad at choosing people. At some point I wanted to do the career type meeting thing between Kimi and Ash, but we can do that whenever you want. I really don't know. It's totally up to you :) I've just got to go afk for about ten minutes, so you can pick and post if you like and I'll be back soon.
14:33, August 10, 2015 (UTC)
- Yeah, that's fine, that was what I was aiming for too :) Thanks for the RP. It was nice to get to use Skye properly for the first time, especially with a character and user that I like and already know well :)
- 18:00, August 10, 2015 (UTC)
Emily & Lily
- I'll write the idea out on my wiki and link it to you when it's finished. Feel free to edit. :) Echostar★ 17:08, August 10, 2015 (UTC)
Wiki gone wild?
- I did see the notice. I figured it was just the auto refresh they took away, so when the colors disappeared too, I got even more confused. Emma said she looked too, and that there wasn't anything wrong. So... finger crossed the problem resolves itself. 18:44, August 10, 2015 (UTC)
So I've realized I kind of left that interview outstanding... and I think I'm going to put Maite aside for now. I have enough drama going on with my current characters, and I don't need a new one right now. xD So if you'd like to promote Thomas as Head of his department, go ahead. Echostar★ 02:24, August 11, 2015 (UTC)
I'm done with VBS! :) Wanna RP? 17:53, August 11, 2015 (UTC)
- At the end of the day, yes, there are a few I'm happy to see go home. :P But most of them are great. Anyway... Jac/Renee? Faith/Melinda? Faith/Ash? This above all else...to thine own self be true. 17:57, August 11, 2015 (UTC)
Hufflepuff Quidditch Team
Hey. Turns out two more people tried out for standard positions, but we're full on standard positions and I gave them reserve positions, if that's alright. Nolan and David Boyle.
Nolan wanted seeker or chaser and so he's Elle's backup if needed or will fill in for a chaser. And David wanted keeper so he's Kylie's backup. They're both on reserves, if that's alright. Just so you would know.
19:21, August 11, 2015 (UTC)
Sure. Any place in mind?
- M'kay then...your first post or?
- You know, most psychologists agree that hostility is really just sublimated sexual attraction. - Clary Fray
Thanks for the message and help, Bond. It's so nice how you always jump in to help people out :) I really don't know what I want to do or how to make anything work though :/ I'm sorry I'm so pathetic and useless. I guess that the empty classroom would be best for the rehearsals, and then the Hall for the play itself - but I'll deal with (/worry about that) when it gets closer. Thanks again, sorry for being annoying and making everyone else do the thing that I was supposed to be planning :/
17:27, August 12, 2015 (UTC)
- I don't even know what to say. Just, thank you so so much! :') Thank you. I don't have much more time today, but I'll sort all of that out tomorrow. Thank you so much for all of the help and encouragement.
17:44, August 12, 2015 (UTC)
- Just wanted to say thanks for finding a better picture :) And for all of the help yesterday. *hugs* xx :)
- 14:44, August 13, 2015 (UTC)
- Yeah. :) 18:57, August 12, 2015 (UTC)
Hey Bond, could we rp Jaeslya Knight and Ashlie Tinker my half-vamp? I think it would be interesting to see how the ministry deals with a half-vampire.
11:16, August 13, 2015 (UTC)
Up to you, where would be most likely?
12:38, August 13, 2015 (UTC)
We'll do Diagon Alley, could you start please?
12:43, August 13, 2015 (UTC)
Hey. I found out Ellie's going to be out of town the next several days and won't be able to edit. Can you be the back-up GM for the Gryffindor/Slytherin game? This above all else...to thine own self be true. 17:49, August 13, 2015 (UTC)
- I posted at the Black Lake with Ace- where is Emily staying now? Echostar★ 18:06, August 13, 2015 (UTC)
Thanks for the notice
I hadn't seen it, so thanks xD I noticed the RP in the Quad, but not that you'd actually posted in the dorms :D
11:59, August 14, 2015 (UTC)
Yeah, sorry about that. I'll make sure that I post on my class this evening.
It's all done!!!
I slept a glorious 11 hours last night. I was so exhausted, but VBS is done! :) 15:22, August 14, 2015 (UTC)
- Jac/Holly? Ash/Charity? Henry/Gwen? Renee/Karith? (been awhile since we've done that) This above all else...to thine own self be true. 15:26, August 14, 2015 (UTC)
Hey! I know you don't usually RP on weekends, but I am waiting on one more Elle post in the Hufflepuff/Ravenclaw match before I finish it up. 21:42, August 16, 2015 (UTC)
ALL the RPs
Wow. Those all sounds great :P 15:12, August 18, 2015 (UTC)
- It's not an insult, you're just the only user online right now :P Erm... Elle and Kiano sounds good. Can you pick somewhere? It is the music of the people who will not be slaves again. 16:33, August 20, 2015 (UTC)
Meetings all morning
La Lune Bleue
Hey! I'm making a new character and I wanted him to be a bartender at the La Lune Bleue. It said to contact Kat but she hasn't been on lately so I thought I'd ask you since the place is owned by the Princes. Just owl me or catch me on chat whenever you get a chance. Thanks!
Christmas Gift for Gwen, from Suzanna
I need to come up with better headlines than 'RP'
- Patricia is home for the holidays, so I'll post somewhere in Hogsmeade. Echostar★ 13:02, August 24, 2015 (UTC)
- It's your post :) Also, Maite Luz is not going to be used for awhile yet, so if you'd like to promote Thomas that's fine with me. His family could use the money :P Echostar★ 12:49, August 25, 2015 (UTC)
- Lol, that's fine. It just seemed like... even when Echo was posting, Mary wasn't saying much anyway. :P But we can wait. This above all else...to thine own self be true. 17:09, August 25, 2015 (UTC)
- I was kind of thinking we might need a new room-- like a parlor/sitting room of sorts? This above all else...to thine own self be true. 14:06, August 26, 2015 (UTC)
What's going on in Thomas' brain
So.... I think Thomas might start ignoring Elle.
This is how the letter was received by Thomas.
"But I can't help but feel like you're trying to buy me things to get me to want to come back to you." Thomas's primary love language is gifts. This basically says "your gestures of love mean nothing."
"Until I've convinced myself that I can manage without you, I won't be coming back to you, no matter how many wonderful things you give me." This is a combination of the gifts thing, and a combination of Thomas' other two love languages-- Acts of Service and Quality Time. To him, this sounds like "I cannot let you help me, and I cannot spend time with you."
- Well, I know what's going on in his brain. I'm not sure how aware Thomas would be of the love language logic. And Thomas might just shut himself in his room, to be honest. He'll talk to Mark, and maybe Ash... but yeah. :P This above all else...to thine own self be true. 19:12, August 26, 2015 (UTC)
New mobile-friendly infoboxes
Hi Bond em7,
I've already posted this on Jiskran's Talk page, but haven't received a reply yet. I'm addressing you hoping you'll bring this up for discussion with the other admins and the community instead if Jiskran isn't currently active.
We’re reaching out to a few of our top communities, hoping to get you on board with the migration to the new infobox markup. And we have tools to help.
Why we’re doing this
Simply put: Most current infobox structures translate very poorly to mobile devices, and indeed any device that doesn’t use desktop-style displays. On desktops and laptops, they often look amazing. The problem is that more and more of our contributors visit Wikia from a mobile device.
To see just how much traffic has become mobile, you can check out this graph from our forum post about infoboxes a couple weeks back:
Mobile is the future. Not just for Wikia, but for the web as a whole. Take a look at the recent trends and future growth predictions for mobile traffic - it's staggering.
We partnered with the Wikia community to create this new markup to make sure that your hard work can be displayed on mobile devices (as well as any future technologies) easily and without any new coding conventions. It'll take some effort up front, but we’re here to help with it, and the work you put in now will pay for itself tenfold in the future.
Tools we’ve designed to make the process easier
We've enabled two new features on your community. One is a tool for migrating the "old" infobox code to the new markup. It identifies templates on your wikia that look like infobox templates and places a box on the right rail of the template page. When you click the "Generate draft markup" button in this box, it opens a new tab containing a draft of your infobox using the new markup. This won't contain your previous CSS styling, though (assuming you've used any), and if you want the infoboxes to still look the same on desktop, you'll have to add it to Special:CSS instead of into the template, where it was before.
The second is a new feature on Special:Insights that will highlight which infoboxes on your wikia have not been migrated to the new infobox markup. It's fairly intuitive - you can click on the infobox title link itself to see the old markup, or simply click the "Convert!" button on the right, which performs the same action as the "Generate draft markup" button.
This is our help page for the new markup. I'll also watch this post - so feel free to ask any questions you have about this, and of course any questions other community members might have!
All the best,
3 Things To Say
Hi :D I've just got a couple of random things I wanted to mention to you.
1. Thank you so much for the offer to make Demi's half-sister, on my sandbox, but I decided to let Sync do it. Sorry. I didn't know if you were really interested, or just offering to be nice, but it made sense to work it into a current character rather that make a new one, I don't know. I just thought I'd let you know that the offer was appreciated, but not needed anymore :)
2. I just remember, after the Hogwarts Christmas break do you think we could do the career interview type thing between Kimi and Ash? :)
3. Random thing, I noticed on the character part of your page that any reference to Charity Bagman is a broken link since her page has changed. I just thought I'd let you know :D
Thanks :) I'm at my Dads for a couple of days by the way, in case I don't reply :)
13:34, August 28, 2015 (UTC)
- Yeah, all of that's fine :) Hope you enjoy your holiday :D Just let me know when you're back and want to start :)
- 11:01, August 30, 2015 (UTC)
I know you're on vacation, and I hope DC is wonderful (and I'm still insanely jealous, and wish I could've snuck into your suitcase), but when you come back (if you come back), I've got some things I need to discuss with you. This above all else...to thine own self be true. 01:15, September 4, 2015 (UTC)
So I saw your blog…
I read your blog post and now I understand exactly why your characters aren't overpowered. I have a businessman and lord, and maybe, just maybe, Alec Winterfell and Ash could work something out to everyone's advantage. Like co-owners or something like that? Just an idea, but let me know what you think of that.
02:17, September 8, 2015 (UTC)
I wasn't worried. I knew you could've seen it and I know you're busy on here and in real-life. And okay, just know that me and a few others probably understand why people think that your characters are overpowered. So, enough about that, would you like to RP?
13:27, September 11, 2015 (UTC)
Would you like to RP the two nymphs? Felicity Kent and yours? She's the dark nymph that replaced Laela. Instead of anything else? And somewhere in Hogsmeade has to work, since Felicity's not entering Hogwarts until next term.
22:27, September 12, 2015 (UTC)
Hi! Awh, I miss RPing with you too, I hope you had a good holiday :) I'd love to RP! Kimi and Ash maybe? We said we'd do their career plans meeting thing when you got back. We don't have to though, I'm open to anything :)
14:20, September 8, 2015 (UTC)
The Demi Situation
- Okay, phew. I was just wondering if she'd get in trouble for willingly keeping her out of school. It is the music of the people who will not be slaves again. 16:16, September 8, 2015 (UTC)
- If Jac's going to turn up at Rhian's apartment (I'm kind of guessing that's how it'll go), she's going to be rather reluctant and traumatised after the Knockturn Alley incident-- just letting you know :) It is the music of the people who will not be slaves again. 16:29, September 8, 2015 (UTC)
Hope took Rhian's statement at the hospital and passed it along to Renee, before you go getting him up in everyone's business again :P This above all else...to thine own self be true. 18:33, September 8, 2015 (UTC)
I've been trying to work on it. This week has just been crazy while I'm getting things ready to move and such. I'm just trying to figure out numbers and such before I set up a vote.
You are, and always have been,my dream. I love you more than there are stars in the sky and fish in the sea. 21:32, September 8, 2015 (UTC)
Kole and Elle. Yes I would like to do that sometime/somewhere. What about an IC Tuesday morning shortly after breakfast in the Forbidden Forest? Unless Elle isn't the kind of girl who would go into the Forest. I had another idea taking place at the Training Grounds. Let me know which you prefer or feel free to post first. Thanks for remembering! Ship it. Then, let me know. 05:59, September 9, 2015 (UTC)
Good to know. Danke!18:19, September 9, 2015 (UTC)
- No, actually. :P I really want Elle to admit she likes Thomas. I thought about having Aydan come in... but I didn't think Elle would admit anything to him, lol. This above all else...to thine own self be true. 18:52, September 10, 2015 (UTC)
I find it so interesting...
That in canon (or at least in the movie) the students were gung-ho about facing the boggart, but here...
This owl was mostly for the gif XD
Loyalty is everything~ She was brave. And she was strong. And she was a Summer.13:31, September 11, 2015 (UTC)
I haven't forgotten!
I did get your owl- my wrist is really bothering me, so I haven't been typing very much beyond schoolwork. Hopefully by Monday it will be better, and maybe we can do a huge Ferlen/Rose/Mary/Hope/Regan rp :) Echostar★ 17:36, September 11, 2015 (UTC)
- We can start now. I'll start Faith/Melinda... you can start the other? This above all else...to thine own self be true. 20:08, September 11, 2015 (UTC)
Lots of thanks
I think it'll be a friendly greeting. 'Sides, Lucien doesn't have a girlfriend, or has bed anybody in particular.
Awh, thank you! Yeah, I'm not sure Carmen would enjoy that very much, but I'll keep it in mind in the future and let you know if any suitable options come up :) Thank you x
15:27, September 14, 2015 (UTC)
Jac and Sera?
So I don't think I've ever actually RPed with you properly, and I may or may not have been stalking Jac/Lucien, so I was wondering if you wanted to RP Jac and Sera at some point? I mean, I'd assume they'd know each other, and I think it'd be fun?15:34, September 14, 2015 (UTC)
- She probably is, honestly. :P 16:09, September 14, 2015 (UTC)
I have absolutely no idea. Here, maybe, if we archive first? 16:53, September 14, 2015 (UTC)
Thanks for catching that. I'll edit it right now, and shrieking shack works great for me! You wanna post first or me?
Should we make them a house on the wiki so we've got somewhere to RP them? :) 14:52, September 15, 2015 (UTC)
- Well... they're half-blooded, and went to a Muggle primary school. So I guess I didn't see them living in Hogsmeade? I only RPed him in Hogsmeade the other day because NAP's char was in Lil Bundles and she requested it... and I figured that they just took a special summer trip in with their Dad or something. This above all else...to thine own self be true. 14:55, September 15, 2015 (UTC)
- I figured they shared a room. This above all else...to thine own self be true. 15:04, September 15, 2015 (UTC)
- Actually, not at all.... I didn't think she'd try to hex him.... This above all else...to thine own self be true. 16:23, September 16, 2015 (UTC)
I saw it yesterday when she showed it to me. I think for her, the whole point of putting it in just her sandbox was that people would find it only if they wanted to see it. She's really nervous putting her feelings out there for everyone to see, because she doesn't want to cause even more problems, and I can completely understand that.
She said yesterday she likely won't be coming in chat today. If/when I see her next, I'll ask her if it's okay to link it in the Community Corner. But I really don't feel comfortable doing so without her permission. This above all else...to thine own self be true. 14:11, September 16, 2015 (UTC)
- Yep, it's a good blog. And I see it's merit. But I really do want to ask her permission. I'd have hated for someone to just post something-- anything, really-- in my sandbox here on the wiki without my permission first. This above all else...to thine own self be true. 14:17, September 16, 2015 (UTC)
Emma's given her permission to put the blog up. Only... I have no idea what to say? "Here's Emma's blog. She has thoughts. You should read them?" xD This above all else...to thine own self be true. 16:00, September 16, 2015 (UTC)
Ash/Charity? Ferlen/Benjamin (stuff about Mary....? Or we can just leave that alone, too.) Ash/Hope (again... same train of thought... we can leave it alone...)? This above all else...to thine own self be true. 16:34, September 16, 2015 (UTC)
- Lol, it's fine. I wasn't sure if Ferlen would go to Benjamin as head of DMLE... to like... actually remove her, or if that would be for Ash, that's the only reason I tossed it in there. Ash and Charity is fine. :) 16:44, September 16, 2015 (UTC)
Something to see...
I meant to ask you a while back, but then I forgot because I was a bit busy. :P Anyways, I'm cool with whoever really? If the answer is yes, that is. :D
I don't think anyone pays much attention to it anymore. But you might want to use the fact that I'll be gone the next few days as a means to put more separation between us, if you want to hold onto your #2 spot. ;) This above all else...to thine own self be true. 03:30, September 17, 2015 (UTC)
- How does one cheat on the leaderboard? xD This above all else...to thine own self be true. 13:58, September 17, 2015 (UTC)
I want you to know that I have read your blog. I read it a week ago, and I have no idea if you know but one week ago for me was exams. I even messaged CK on ask telling her that I'd reply as soon as exams were over, and I really was planning to. Seriously. But then the first time I saw you last weekend, you left chat like five seconds after I joined and the second time you left just as I gathered the courage to click the PM button. Really, it was a matter of terrible timing. I was meaning to reply to you this week but it's just been a whirlwind of RL so wiki hasn't been the forefront of my thoughts and I could never catch you on chat unless I had five minutes before I needed to go to school or I had a quiz the next day. And yeah, you can choose not to believe me if you don't want to, and you can choose to believe that I'm just making excuses, but really this was just one big case of bad timing on my end.
I didn't want to reply to your blog in a comment because I felt like it'd be better if the two of us were PMing. Like, actually talking and having a conversation because timezones suck and waiting eight hours between replies is kind of nervewracking. (For me, at least.) And I didn't want to just PM you and be like "yo I read your blog" because this is an issue I want to give time to because I know it's important.
Surprisingly, I'm not messaging right now you because of Emma's blog either. To be honest, I saw it halfway through writing this message and if anything it's just made me more Gryffindor to hit publish.
So, next time we're both on chat (tomorrow's a Friday for me so I'm hoping I'll be able to get on), let's talk?
Thanks and I really appreciate what you're trying to do here.
- Yay! That'd be great. (I'm not sure exactly when we can chat but I really hope to catch you soon.) Hope you have an amazing day! :) LittleRedCrazyHood 12:33, September 17, 2015 (UTC)
I haven't roleplayed Amber very much lately, so I chose Melinda/Amber over here, although I would love to roleplay the others sometime. :)
A rabbit is humble and gentle, and actually very self-sacrificing when it comes to protecting its family. However, a rabbit is also vulnerable and skittish, and not really self-assertive. It also is an animal with a bit of hope for Mary, since a rabbit also symbolizes luck and good health. Echostar★ 15:17, September 17, 2015 (UTC)
If you faced a Boggart and conquered it in the same way you would conquer a fear landscape in Divergent... finding a way to battle the fear and win... would a Boggart theoretically go through a person's fear landscape backwards? Echostar★ 16:42, September 17, 2015 (UTC)
- If a character was afraid of Inferi and attacked it with fire, it defeats the fear... but not the Boggart. The only way to do that is laughter. But if the fear was conquered, would the Boggart try the second worst fear, and so on? Echostar★ 17:00, September 17, 2015 (UTC)
- Yes, I do. I had a crazy but amazing weekend and never started one, so do you have a preference? Echostar★ 13:46, September 21, 2015 (UTC)
Hey, I know this is late but the circumstances are really bad. My Mom just sprung a surprise camping trip on us. We're leaving soon and I won't be able to GM the matches. Could you please do it?
19:28, September 18, 2015 (UTC)
Also, I posted in Ferlen's office. If you think a letter to Benjamin or Renee is appropriate as well, let me know- and also let me know which character would be better to send it to. Echostar★ 04:43, September 21, 2015 (UTC)
- Ferlen's reasoning makes sense. The only thing I might add is if Ferlen would relay the information to Hope, since she wouldn't be notified. Also, any preference with the next rp? Echostar★ 13:40, September 21, 2015 (UTC)
I did... it was confusing which was supposed to be for Quidditch, and which for House points. So the one on top is the Quidditch Cup points. And I'll do my best to get rid of the Hufflepuff Cup. This above all else...to thine own self be true. 13:45, September 21, 2015 (UTC)
Hey! I know you're swamped, and so I'll send this message to Jisk as well. But you've got a couple of new applications in the Ministry Registration page. And with a graduation, there could be something of an influx coming. Just thought I'd let you know. :) This above all else...to thine own self be true. 16:19, September 26, 2015 (UTC)
Hey, I took Jac's apartment off the Magus page, because he's moved back to France, right? If you still want it there, let me know. This above all else...to thine own self be true. 16:24, September 26, 2015 (UTC)
Since you're really super busy at the moment, I wanted to make sure you saw what Jisk posted on my talk page. I won't be around to rp for the next 6 weeks. Feel free to message me on my sandbox if you want to get ahold of me. Echostar★ 21:57, September 26, 2015 (UTC)
Aging down the Attaways
Hey! So, since you're really swamped, I figured we can just age down Alden and Arthur, and have them start next IC term? Hopefully between now and then your activity can work its way back up. :) 18:02, September 28, 2015 (UTC)
Hey, I hope life is well for you :) I just wanted to quickly ask about the Kimi/Emily/Patricia apartment plan and if you still want to go ahead with that...it's okay if not. I just wondered if you wanted me to be setting it up or how you wanted to go about it. We can wait a little if you're busy, there's no rush :)
15:32, September 29, 2015 (UTC)
- Hi :) I knew that you're pretty busy at the moment, so to save you some time and went ahead and made a version of the flat on my sandbox. It was hard to know what you and Echo would want, so you're free to change any of the colours or style or anything, it was only something I quickly made anyway :) I didn't do Emily's room obviously, so you can have the honour of designing that yourself :P I went with a flat, I hope that's okay, and thought that maybe it could be at Cholmeley Lodge, since Kimi has a friend who offered her a cheap apartment there. I tried to imply that it's quite a small flat, since it's got three bedrooms squeezed in, and tried to find pictures that reflected this and their fairly small budget. Anyway, I'm rambling now, I'll just let you look and make any adjustments you see fit xD
- 18:37, September 30, 2015 (UTC)
I hadn't started one. I guess I hadn't seen you edit at all, so I didn't bother? *shrug*
Thomas is moving out!
Thank you! I was really worried you'd think it looked terrible xD Yeah, I'll let you (and Echo) decide if you want to create Patricia and Emily's rooms. And haha, I hadn't thought about them struggling to share a bathroom xD In my house we've always only had one (between 3-4 of us). Oh, I remembered what I needed to ask before I could copy it over...what do I put as the page name? Do I call it 'Emily, Patricia and Kimi's Apartment'? Because that seems a little long...but I didn't know what to shorten it too xD (And whose name do I put first? :P)
16:56, October 1, 2015 (UTC)
- Okay, great! Thank you so much. I have to go now, but I'll get started on that tomorrow :)
- 19:56, October 1, 2015 (UTC)
I re-read the RP in the Healing Lab, and Ash's office. Melinda told Hope a plant cut her. Thomas told Ash the unicorn broke through the barrier around his property. :P This above all else...to thine own self be true. 18:37, October 2, 2015 (UTC)