Feel free to leave me a message here. Remember to put ==Topic== at the top to keep your message seperate from everyone elses. Bond em7
If you get a chance to get on chat, I want to talk to you about a convo Chrys and I were having...
I've been thinking of adding another branch of Nymphs, Spirit. But she wants me to add another another branch, Light. I have all my things for Spirit, and I'm not sure what she has. The whole thing is up to you.
- Actually, I have the light nymph stuff ready, but I just need you, Bond, to pick from the two options. The spirit and light nymphs can be found at bottom of the page .
Bond_em7 has read.
So, because we keep missing each other on chat and stuff, I'll just leave my ideas on here :P
As you probably know, activity on Hogwarts classes has significantly decreased. I think the problem is partially due to a lack of students, but also because we don't regulate the amount of enrolled students enough; and what I mean by this is that we have a lot of students, but nowhere do we have them listed down. I feel that part of the problem we face is that we cannot see who exactly is in our classes and who we expect to post (And can thus chase up on them). Now I was thinking on how we can remedy this, and it's fairly simple - if we simply have a class sign-up blog/page before the term starts, and uses will sign their characters up to the classes. Now we know exactly which user and characters belong in which class and this allows teachers to have a student list/roll call that they can use because the user/character will have committed to joining the class. And this is also useful on things like finals - whoever is on the list that hasn't completed the OWL or NEWT on it simply shall not be allowed to get a qualification in that subject.
I know it sounds harsh but I feel like if we tightened up on these rules more people would be inclined to RP classes, and it can be applied with things like homework and not turning up to lessons too- if we become more firmer in regulation of punishment for not doing them, I think people will end up completing tasks for the sheer idea that they know we mean business. For example, if I didn't do Kinsel's transfiguration Homework, that'll mean that I get a detention and my char isn't allowed to RP in Hogsmeade for a week (OOC). If they're seen there then they get a warning or something - again, it's strict, but it's the best way to enforce the rules.
These are just my ideas, but I do truly think it'll answer our problems, because I've had a class for the past three terms with so few students, I just think this will help. Let me know of your opinion,
Bond_em7 has responded.
Teresa Waters/Auror Office Watch Files, War of Duxterra, DON'T STRESS! & a Spell
Take a look now. Other than lack of conclusion, you like? Also, who will present the report for the Auror office: Draco Rookwood, Ferlen? I'm assuming not Noah Magic since Peis is away.
Also, has anyone actually written down the history of the War of Duxterra? It would be something useful to have.
DON'T STRESS! Take a moment, take a day, or two or three, forget everything above for now, get the meeting done, get the car accident taken care of and whatever else that NEEDS to get taken care of in your life taken care of. You know RL is priority, and it's a blessing that you STILL take so much time for the wiki. :) Worry about the non-priorities later.
In addition (yep, still editing as I go along...) who made up the spell Taraka Radiosa? It's not canon, but it's not in the Spell List Additions. It turns a wand into a device to talk to some with, and it would be a huge breakthrough for the Department of Technological advancement because it would make owls less needed if people used the spell more often in rps... but idk how the spell got here in the first place....
Aly need this sorted especially by you, considering she's a possible teacher-- also we're both curious as to what you'll say about the spirit nymph thing.
BTW these are their abilities. Added on they're SUPER rare.
- Spirit nymphs can sense auras.
- Have an accelerated healing factor. They are able to heal all types of wounds, including open wounds. If an injury is severe, such as massive burns or tissue damage, the nymph will need time to initiate the healing process. They can also heal others, using a healing power that is exclusive to spirit nymphs.
- Have the ability to feel and understand other people's feelings, emotions, and desires. A user of spirit ability can understand a person's feeling, being able to help them through anger or grief, or temporarily having somebody else's excitement or happiness rub off on them.
EDIT: Jisk didn't like the broad spectrum of empathy power so I turned it down a bit.
I was able to narrow down some of these questions with Jisk, but I still would like some clarification on a few points. I was looking at the navigation bar with an outsider's perspective and found some anomalies. Soooo... I'm terribly sorry.
1. **#category-Page|Title Shown shows the most popular pages, right? If that's true, should we use that instead of the current list for Diagon Alley?
2. Since Category:Hogsmeade Houses is a home location category with only two houses, should other hoe location categories exist?
3. Is it necessary to list the Head Students and Prefects? Most new users will have 1st year characters, and if space won't allow for 2nd and 1st years as well maybe the Head Students and prefects should be kicked off.
5. Can I delete the 'Quests' link from the navigation bar, as it's been irrelevant for quite some time?
6. Is there any indication of when Quidditch will be returning? I would like to pu a notice that it isn't currently going on in The Quidditch Pitch.
2. I didn't see London or Diagon Alley home categories... and if that's the case, is listing Hogsmeade homes in the navigation bar necessary?
3. Okay, would you like me to make the change on the navigation bar?
5. The common rooms, perhaps? We could also add the Heads of House's offices.
6. Okay, I'll do that.
I've given up the long titles
1. Thank you!!! :D Figuring Tankara Radiosa out with Lily sounds good- it can be the next task once the Department of Technological Advancement is handed the task of the Dark Wizard Files (whenever that occurs).
3. What is the purpose of Category:Mechanical? Jisk tells me that its for things that would still function in case of a 'collapse of magic' but the pages in that category now really don't fit that....
5. We seem to have 3 types of 'classrooms'- the ones where classes are rped (e.g. General RP:Defense Against the Dark Arts) the classroom pages (e.g. Defense Against the Dark Arts) and then the 'miscellaneous' category (e.g. Empty Classroom or Dungeon Five). Should they be classified as such somehow? We have Category:Classrooms and Category:Class, but it is unclear when each one is used.
6. I think listing the 6 core classes in the nav bar would be fine, including 1st year flying lessons, because right now Category:General roleplay is used which doesn't always list Hogwarts pages.
I changed the class list on the nav bar. If you want to see my "To Do List", it's on my user page- unless you've found it already :P
What are the top three requirements which -auror- does not think are adequately fulfilled?
What are their top three candidates for the most overlooked problem/potential problem/ individual/group?
Please owl me back the answers for these questions for all aurors you have, or let me know if you want to RP the survey.
Loyalty is everything~ Da Ultimate Jayjay is currently overflowing with joy16:49, July 2, 2014 (UTC)
Bond_em7 has responded.
I think it's just one thing- for now
Is there a list of classes that are currently in session and classes that are currently not in session but whose pages are still here? Because Jisk's Shakespeare class isn't on the Map but Wizard Art is and Pink Magic isn't but there's still a page... :P So is there such a list? I know there's Schedule, but for the ones that aren't in session?
Re: Summer Plans
I'd rather if you worked on the house since i'm sure you have an idea in mind and I currently have none (could be because I just woke up :P)
So about the spirit nymph I made, she was the one I wanted teaching next year. So you said I could teach a part of Charms and then I wondered is there still a guidance counsellor? Also please tell me once she's fully approved so I can create her page.
5 things I like about you
2. When does the inactive tag appear on user pages?
4. Are the class pages even really necessary? Transfiguration hadn't been edited for over a year before I fixed the categories, same with most of the others so far. No one really uses them, and not all classes have one.
5. One more thing........ Jaina Nordskov?? Please, don't tell me you're obsessed with Frozen too! :P That's all my niece and nephew have been going on about all week...
The general Archive category was just massive and unwieldy, so I've created a half-dozen subcategories for the areas often in need of separate designation and started splitting them off from the core group. The template is still around and fully functional, but hopefully the new, small groupings will make precise location easier. Alex Jiskran 12:41, July 7, 2014 (UTC)
Bond_em7 has responded.
is that it won't be necessary. This should be a one-off change. People can still use the Archive template for speed and convenience, it's just that the tag, if the page fits one of the subcategories, may be changed later.
So far, I have -
Long Term Archive
I'll be posting (officially) an issue every week on Mondays. Employee's are suppposed to be getting their stories done on Sunday's, that way I know where I am on everything. Also I thought that Monday would be a good day because the weekend will give employee's lots of extra "Woops, I forgot" time, so that's how I thought of it. Lilly, 2nd in command of the Activity Imp, will be creating an article that will be posted next monday, simply because I didn't find it by the time I was creating the article.
I will be putting the article in both places, and here's my reasoning for that: I figure that it'd be good to have good records of every Daily Prophet Issue there has been, and now if someday, just out of the blue, my profile or something like that is deleted, we wouldn't get those issue's back, and I knew I'd want to have a copy in blog form so that people could find them easier. For example, if there were enough commentors on the Daily Prophet/Issue Seven blog, then it would get on the Hot Spot, which would let more people see it. Also, I'm not sure if you wanted to or not, but somehow, I think it'd be good to show it on Community-corner, but I wouldn't be sure you'd like to do that.
Here's an idea I just thought of that might get people to read them more, is to make a blog for subscriptions, and then whenever we come out with an issue, they'll get an owl on the User's talk page. I actually think I like that very much, so I'm going to do it now :P.
- Sorry, I jst remembered this, but Lyss was on chat yesterday, and she asked me if I could tell her for you that she'd like to talk to you about the expansion. She said her best chances of getting on are Sunday evenings (I caught up with her at about 7:00 last night). She just asked me to bring that up to you if I saw you. ~ Colin687 14:35, July 7, 2014 (UTC)
Bond_em7 has responded.
So Holly is pregnant with twins and her grandparents were clairvoyant so is it alright if the twins inheirit that power since it skipped a generation?
I'm owning the female twin and Dmullins is owning the male twin so i'm not owning them all, and Dmullins told me to ask in case :P
RE:Prophet in Community-corner
- Oh, sorry, I'm so stupid. I definitley didn't read that carefully. But ok! Will do! :D ~ Colin687 17:08, July 7, 2014 (UTC)
I sent you a previous owl and you never responded if you don't mind looking at it.
I think it's only one this time :)
I understand the Animagi Registry is only for adult characters outside of Hogwarts, but there isn't a place where every Animagus is listed, including students and teachers?
You never told me if there was still consuelor spot. Also I know all the head of houses spots seem to be taken but if its a possibility i'd like to do one of those someday, so my nymph will be teaching Charms I believe since thats what you said I could do.
I think Ivana would be good at that if she could be the conselor and teach Charms, what do you think? (Since shes a spirit nymph it would be easier for her to sense their emotions)
I'm already on record, I believe, about my feelings concerning the excess of human hybrid races around, and the nymphs do appear to me to invite potential abuse. That being said, it will, of course, depend on how they're RP'd. Alex Jiskran 17:03, July 8, 2014 (UTC)
Word Bubble Template
Hey Bond! I'm thinking about making a Word Bubble template, and I was wondering what some guidelines for that might be? I know we can't make things to ginormous or something, but I don't know how to NOT do that? Lol, I'm not sure. I'm gonna start today, you can take a look when I'm done and tell me what you think? Let me know! :D ~ Colin687 21:12, July 8, 2014 (UTC)
I got bored and started searching through old stuff on the wiki, and came across: http://dumbledoresarmyroleplay.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Zanzan28/Chat_Log-Administration_Meeting_3/30/13
Did we ever do the play? I know it was before I joined, but I just wondered if the RP was recorded somewhere so I could read it.
Hope your vacation is going great,
The Owls Shall Be Condensed!
I am quite determined to make sure you're not bombarded with owls from me, but the owls that I absolutely must send to you for you to read when you get back will go here.
1. Just a fun thing: check out my secret project ;)
2. Do we know why Bryans went inactive? I believe he stopped being a crat around the same time as me, but I can't remember why... The reason I ask is because I did his image deletion.
3. When you get back we need to meet on chat to discuss a few things (I count 4 as of now), both IC and OOC.
5. http://ask.fm/echostar When you want to look at it- I talk about you in a lot of answers :P
6. I'm officially your ex-wife on the family tree. You dumped me after we had SoA and Red and I then fell for Jisk so we're all good! :D
That's all for now!
Um...Not sure. Where would two aurors meet? And definitely Lily, and Ferlen too--unless you'd rather just add his to my chart after I've done everyone else.
Loyalty is everything~ Da Ultimate Jayjay is currently overflowing with joy20:23, July 14, 2014 (UTC)
Bond! I'm so sorry I haven't been able to reply to this sooner. The light and dark nymphs seem like excellent ideas and I love it. Again, really sorry, I've just been busy. LittleRedCrazyHood 00:23, July 17, 2014 (UTC)
Response to Your Blog
Hey Bond! I just wanted to let you know I'd like to have Colin Gillystem teach for CoMC next year, and I wanted to say something now so I don't forget. Also, I was wondering what you thought of telling some admins to act as Bcrats while there are so many absent at this time? Otherwise I think that's a lot of pressue on Jisk and it'd certainly make things smoother. Something like that, idk? ~ Colin687 00:05, July 19, 2014 (UTC)
I was thinking, with the cancellation of the event, could I make a blog telling everyone we're bringing Quidditch back? I'm willing to be in charge of the whole thing, and I'll even get some other users to help out with it. :)) LittleRedCrazyHood 00:45, July 19, 2014 (UTC)
Class Sign Ups
I was thinking, given your current preoccupation with the stuff going on in RL and stuff, do you want me to take charge of the class sign up and get that sorted out, so you dont have to do it? Let me know :)
Just wanted to pop in and check how things were going, and say hi, of course. If you ever need me for anything, just send me an owl, and I'll get back to it as soon as possible. I'm home on most sunday nights, possibly for a whole week next week. Hope things are going well!
06:38, July 21, 2014 (UTC)
Hey bond, I was wondering if it'd be ok for me to make different CoMC locations where students can visit different creature pins if they'd like. With some, they'd supposed to have permission from the professor, some would be ok to visit anytime, and others would be that they can't go there. Would that be ok? Also, would it be ok to add different pictures to the General RP:Care of Magical Creatures, like where they are, and stuff? Let me know :) ~ Colin687 15:13, July 21, 2014 (UTC)
Letter to Kinsel
This was originally to Red:
Hey Red! I just noticed there's something wrong with the Homepage (as you may or may not have noticed already), I just wanted to inform you about it, ya know. I figured if I should tell someone it'd be you cause I've already asked Rab about a million things, and - well, I just remembered you're semi-active right now (I think anyway), so I'll send it to Bond too. Just thought I'd let you know. :) ~ 01:59, July 23, 2014 (UTC)
I know, this is like my millionth owl to you since you've been away, and I'm really sorry, but I figured you should know what happened. I was able to fix what went wrong on the mainpage. My letter replying to Red:
Sorry, that's my fault, I forgot to owl you back. I was able to find out what it was and fix it. The entire right column was down at the bottom, so when I wrote the owl, I just figured you'd see what I meant, then as I looked through it myself, I saw it was due to the expansion template having "complex coding", and I was able to edit that, and it was fixed. Sorry, I forgot to get back to you after I'd fixed it. Sorry for the trouble :) ~ 12:35, July 23, 2014 (UTC)
Helping you along
Remember to update Template:Guide/Classes on the Wiki when you decide all the teachers :)
Also, I've gone through all your user talk archives and added Category:UserTalk Archive to all of them, got rid of any Template:Archive Notices I saw, and got rid of any Category:Archives I saw. With Jisk's new subcategory set-up for archives, all you have to do for any new user talk archives is add Category:UserTalk Archive and you'll be set. :D
Finally, for Joseph Euclide I've definitely decided to apply him for the Liaison to Hogwarts position in the Department of Education at the Ministry. However, I noticed that Apparition wasn't offered this year at Hogwarts. If you want me to, I can do those lessons with Joseph, as he's helped with them in the past. I've also noticed that no one has signed up for Defense Against the Dark Arts yet. Kinsel could ask Joseph to do that instead of Apparition- though he would never apply for it himself and it would take persuasion. Only if it's needed though, let the newer users take it first :)