18:13, August 8, 2015 (UTC)
First Game of the Season
Heya, Bond! So... the first game for the badgers is coming up and I already took care of all of the reminders for the users who's characters made it into the Hufflepuff Quidditch Team... Just wanted to let you know to post in the locker room and stay sort of on pace with the game, if you can...
03:51, August 10, 2015 (UTC)
Oh my God! Thank you so much!
Thanks so much for helping to move those old auditions! Seriously, that's really helped me, and you didn't need to do that! *hugs*
14:22, August 10, 2015 (UTC)
- That's still so nice of you though, I really appreciate it :) Well, now that you're done with that and I think I'm done with my bit...do you want to RP with me? :P
14:27, August 10, 2015 (UTC)
- Hmm, so many choices xD I really don't know, I'm so bad at choosing people. At some point I wanted to do the career type meeting thing between Kimi and Ash, but we can do that whenever you want. I really don't know. It's totally up to you :) I've just got to go afk for about ten minutes, so you can pick and post if you like and I'll be back soon.
14:33, August 10, 2015 (UTC)
- Yeah, that's fine, that was what I was aiming for too :) Thanks for the RP. It was nice to get to use Skye properly for the first time, especially with a character and user that I like and already know well :)
- 18:00, August 10, 2015 (UTC)
Emily & Lily
- I'll write the idea out on my wiki and link it to you when it's finished. Feel free to edit. :) Echostar★ 17:08, August 10, 2015 (UTC)
Wiki gone wild?
- I did see the notice. I figured it was just the auto refresh they took away, so when the colors disappeared too, I got even more confused. Emma said she looked too, and that there wasn't anything wrong. So... finger crossed the problem resolves itself. 18:44, August 10, 2015 (UTC)
So I've realized I kind of left that interview outstanding... and I think I'm going to put Maite aside for now. I have enough drama going on with my current characters, and I don't need a new one right now. xD So if you'd like to promote Thomas as Head of his department, go ahead. Echostar★ 02:24, August 11, 2015 (UTC)
I'm done with VBS! :) Wanna RP? 17:53, August 11, 2015 (UTC)
- At the end of the day, yes, there are a few I'm happy to see go home. :P But most of them are great. Anyway... Jac/Renee? Faith/Melinda? Faith/Ash? This above all else...to thine own self be true. 17:57, August 11, 2015 (UTC)
Hufflepuff Quidditch Team
Hey. Turns out two more people tried out for standard positions, but we're full on standard positions and I gave them reserve positions, if that's alright. Nolan and David Boyle.
Nolan wanted seeker or chaser and so he's Elle's backup if needed or will fill in for a chaser. And David wanted keeper so he's Kylie's backup. They're both on reserves, if that's alright. Just so you would know.
19:21, August 11, 2015 (UTC)
Sure. Any place in mind?
- M'kay then...your first post or?
- You know, most psychologists agree that hostility is really just sublimated sexual attraction. - Clary Fray
Thanks for the message and help, Bond. It's so nice how you always jump in to help people out :) I really don't know what I want to do or how to make anything work though :/ I'm sorry I'm so pathetic and useless. I guess that the empty classroom would be best for the rehearsals, and then the Hall for the play itself - but I'll deal with (/worry about that) when it gets closer. Thanks again, sorry for being annoying and making everyone else do the thing that I was supposed to be planning :/
17:27, August 12, 2015 (UTC)
- I don't even know what to say. Just, thank you so so much! :') Thank you. I don't have much more time today, but I'll sort all of that out tomorrow. Thank you so much for all of the help and encouragement.
17:44, August 12, 2015 (UTC)
- Just wanted to say thanks for finding a better picture :) And for all of the help yesterday. *hugs* xx :)
- 14:44, August 13, 2015 (UTC)
- Yeah. :) 18:57, August 12, 2015 (UTC)
Hey Bond, could we rp Jaeslya Knight and Ashlie Tinker my half-vamp? I think it would be interesting to see how the ministry deals with a half-vampire.
11:16, August 13, 2015 (UTC)
Up to you, where would be most likely?
12:38, August 13, 2015 (UTC)
We'll do Diagon Alley, could you start please?
12:43, August 13, 2015 (UTC)
Hey. I found out Ellie's going to be out of town the next several days and won't be able to edit. Can you be the back-up GM for the Gryffindor/Slytherin game? This above all else...to thine own self be true. 17:49, August 13, 2015 (UTC)
- I posted at the Black Lake with Ace- where is Emily staying now? Echostar★ 18:06, August 13, 2015 (UTC)
Thanks for the notice
I hadn't seen it, so thanks xD I noticed the RP in the Quad, but not that you'd actually posted in the dorms :D
11:59, August 14, 2015 (UTC)
Yeah, sorry about that. I'll make sure that I post on my class this evening.
It's all done!!!
I slept a glorious 11 hours last night. I was so exhausted, but VBS is done! :) 15:22, August 14, 2015 (UTC)
- Jac/Holly? Ash/Charity? Henry/Gwen? Renee/Karith? (been awhile since we've done that) This above all else...to thine own self be true. 15:26, August 14, 2015 (UTC)
Hey! I know you don't usually RP on weekends, but I am waiting on one more Elle post in the Hufflepuff/Ravenclaw match before I finish it up. 21:42, August 16, 2015 (UTC)
ALL the RPs
Wow. Those all sounds great :P 15:12, August 18, 2015 (UTC)
- It's not an insult, you're just the only user online right now :P Erm... Elle and Kiano sounds good. Can you pick somewhere? It is the music of the people who will not be slaves again. 16:33, August 20, 2015 (UTC)
Meetings all morning
La Lune Bleue
Hey! I'm making a new character and I wanted him to be a bartender at the La Lune Bleue. It said to contact Kat but she hasn't been on lately so I thought I'd ask you since the place is owned by the Princes. Just owl me or catch me on chat whenever you get a chance. Thanks!
Christmas Gift for Gwen, from Suzanna
I need to come up with better headlines than 'RP'
- Patricia is home for the holidays, so I'll post somewhere in Hogsmeade. Echostar★ 13:02, August 24, 2015 (UTC)
- It's your post :) Also, Maite Luz is not going to be used for awhile yet, so if you'd like to promote Thomas that's fine with me. His family could use the money :P Echostar★ 12:49, August 25, 2015 (UTC)
- Lol, that's fine. It just seemed like... even when Echo was posting, Mary wasn't saying much anyway. :P But we can wait. This above all else...to thine own self be true. 17:09, August 25, 2015 (UTC)
- I was kind of thinking we might need a new room-- like a parlor/sitting room of sorts? This above all else...to thine own self be true. 14:06, August 26, 2015 (UTC)
What's going on in Thomas' brain
So.... I think Thomas might start ignoring Elle.
This is how the letter was received by Thomas.
"But I can't help but feel like you're trying to buy me things to get me to want to come back to you." Thomas's primary love language is gifts. This basically says "your gestures of love mean nothing."
"Until I've convinced myself that I can manage without you, I won't be coming back to you, no matter how many wonderful things you give me." This is a combination of the gifts thing, and a combination of Thomas' other two love languages-- Acts of Service and Quality Time. To him, this sounds like "I cannot let you help me, and I cannot spend time with you."
- Well, I know what's going on in his brain. I'm not sure how aware Thomas would be of the love language logic. And Thomas might just shut himself in his room, to be honest. He'll talk to Mark, and maybe Ash... but yeah. :P This above all else...to thine own self be true. 19:12, August 26, 2015 (UTC)
New mobile-friendly infoboxes
Hi Bond em7,
I've already posted this on Jiskran's Talk page, but haven't received a reply yet. I'm addressing you hoping you'll bring this up for discussion with the other admins and the community instead if Jiskran isn't currently active.
We’re reaching out to a few of our top communities, hoping to get you on board with the migration to the new infobox markup. And we have tools to help.
Why we’re doing this
Simply put: Most current infobox structures translate very poorly to mobile devices, and indeed any device that doesn’t use desktop-style displays. On desktops and laptops, they often look amazing. The problem is that more and more of our contributors visit Wikia from a mobile device.
To see just how much traffic has become mobile, you can check out this graph from our forum post about infoboxes a couple weeks back:
Mobile is the future. Not just for Wikia, but for the web as a whole. Take a look at the recent trends and future growth predictions for mobile traffic - it's staggering.
We partnered with the Wikia community to create this new markup to make sure that your hard work can be displayed on mobile devices (as well as any future technologies) easily and without any new coding conventions. It'll take some effort up front, but we’re here to help with it, and the work you put in now will pay for itself tenfold in the future.
Tools we’ve designed to make the process easier
We've enabled two new features on your community. One is a tool for migrating the "old" infobox code to the new markup. It identifies templates on your wikia that look like infobox templates and places a box on the right rail of the template page. When you click the "Generate draft markup" button in this box, it opens a new tab containing a draft of your infobox using the new markup. This won't contain your previous CSS styling, though (assuming you've used any), and if you want the infoboxes to still look the same on desktop, you'll have to add it to Special:CSS instead of into the template, where it was before.
The second is a new feature on Special:Insights that will highlight which infoboxes on your wikia have not been migrated to the new infobox markup. It's fairly intuitive - you can click on the infobox title link itself to see the old markup, or simply click the "Convert!" button on the right, which performs the same action as the "Generate draft markup" button.
This is our help page for the new markup. I'll also watch this post - so feel free to ask any questions you have about this, and of course any questions other community members might have!
All the best,
3 Things To Say
Hi :D I've just got a couple of random things I wanted to mention to you.
1. Thank you so much for the offer to make Demi's half-sister, on my sandbox, but I decided to let Sync do it. Sorry. I didn't know if you were really interested, or just offering to be nice, but it made sense to work it into a current character rather that make a new one, I don't know. I just thought I'd let you know that the offer was appreciated, but not needed anymore :)
2. I just remember, after the Hogwarts Christmas break do you think we could do the career interview type thing between Kimi and Ash? :)
3. Random thing, I noticed on the character part of your page that any reference to Charity Bagman is a broken link since her page has changed. I just thought I'd let you know :D
Thanks :) I'm at my Dads for a couple of days by the way, in case I don't reply :)
13:34, August 28, 2015 (UTC)
- Yeah, all of that's fine :) Hope you enjoy your holiday :D Just let me know when you're back and want to start :)
- 11:01, August 30, 2015 (UTC)