Choose 1 one the following to answer
- . Name one defensive tactic against a Basilisk.
- . Name one offensive tactic against a Kelpie.
- . Describe the magical abilities and significance of a Nundu.
- . You are facing a sphinx. The sphinx gives you a riddle. Answer it correctly, and you get an O. Answer wrong and you will be given an option. Guess again for full marks or try another question for a maximum of an A.
It cannot be seen, cannot be felt
Cannot be heard, cannot be smelt.
It lies behind stars and under hills,
And empty holes it fills.
It comes first and follows after,
Ends life, kills laughter.
Answer one question:
1. Put these 9 terms in the correct order (Curse Name, Incantation, Effect): Imperious, Crucio, total control, Killing, Imperio, instant death, pain, Cruciatus, Avada Kedavra
2. Explain the etymology of one curse
3. Think about one time in Wizarding history when an Unforgivable curse is used. Explain who the caster was, who is was used against, and the events leading up to the curse..
Successfully cast one of the following spells:
- Patronus Charm (Record what your patronus is on your parchment and why you think this is before you leave.)
- Supersensory Charm (Record the etymology of the spell on your parchment and how this is a defensive spell before you leave.)
Cast a spell of your choice non-verbally. Marks will be based on the complexity of the spell and strength of the spell cast.
Chose one of the following:
- Write a one paragraph thesis on how this course has prepared you to fight the dark arts.
- Compare and Contrast: the similarities and differences between Vampires and Werewolves.