- Okay, so a while ago, I began to notice that pages had to be archived quicker when one of the word bubbles was in a template with multiple other bubbles than it did when it involved a gif. I didn't give it much thought, but then I began to think - gifs have been banned here in word bubbles because they take up too much space, yet something that takes up even more space hasn't. So I decided to make a test run; if I could fit less word bubbles with gifs in one page than I could with bubbles in a template with other bubbles, then I'd drop the whole matter. However, it turns out that I could fit 170 word bubbles whose pic wasn't a pic so much as a gif. Meanwhile, I could only fit 88 bubbles whose template had other bubbles. So my theory was proven to be true.
- People like gifs. Sometimes gifs express more than images. In other cases, gifs seem to fit a character more than the images available. For that reason, I propose we allow gifs to be used in word bubbles. If it's proven to take up less space than a bubble whose template has even more bubbles - and we allow that - then what's the issue? I, for one, see none, and I hope you guys look at it in the same way. And if you prefer to have substantial evidence before voting, then take a look here and here.
- This might seem like a bit of a useless vote, but it's important we all agree on this, since it does have a lot to do with how users can make bubbles, how it might affect how often we archive (which it doesn't, but others might not think the same, so you get my drift), etc.
- This vote will stay up for one week, until December 3, 2017.
For allowing the use of gifs in bubbles (+13)
- WE'RE VALID.
- Queen of Anarchy | 20:48, November 26, 2017 (UTC)
- ~ Thistle 21:12, November 26, 2017 (UTC)
- I think we should also have a set cap for how many wb should be on a mass wb template. Just a thought :P
- You are, and always have been,my dream. I love you more than there are stars in the sky and fish in the sea. 00:09, November 28, 2017 (UTC)
- Sure! Dirael (talk) 19:48, November 28, 2017 (UTC)
- | i'm the one you want, there's no need to hesitate
===Against allowing the use of gifs in bubbles (-0)===