The Philosopher's Stone
The Philosopher's Stone, has been known by many names, 'golden tear from the eye of Horus', 'Phoenix', 'Pandora', 'the Hidden Light' and the list trails on.
The Stone has been attributed with a multitude of different magical properties, only two of which have been verified, those being:
- the ability to transmute base metals into Gold or Silver
- the ability to heal all forms of illness and prolong the life of any person who consumes a small part of it.
Other presumed properties include:
- the creation of perpetually burning lamps
- the transmutation of common crystals into precious stones and diamonds
- the reviving of dead plants
- the creation of flexible or malleable glass
- and the creation of a clone or golem
Though all these things have all been reported, the first two were the only ones confirmed by Mr. Nicolas Flamel himself in his journal which recorded his lifetime since the age of twenty. Flamel also allowed us some information on the Stone's appearance. Now, there are two Stones. One appearing white, the other a deep ruby. The White Stone has the power, reportedly, to change common metals/rocks into Silver. While the ruby one has the power of transform metal/rocks into Gold.