Mumblemumps, is "an intense, and sometimes deadly, swelling of the facial and neck glands." Signs of this disease are as follows :
- Inability to talk (the swelling will expand the vocal cords)
- Red irritation of the infected areas
- Unusual fatigue
- Inability to breathe
When most wizards are infected by Mumblemumps, their first thought is to get some rest, as their parents may have prescribed when they were at a younger age; however, with the help of the St. Mungo's staff, we have created a lotion, of sorts, that lessens and negates the swelling caused by the disease. Mumblemumps Lozione:
- Fill your cauldron until it is half-full. Warm it at a medium low, until it begins to bubble.
- Combine an ounce of Ptolemy and two ounces of Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Pour the mixture into your cauldron.
- Stir three times anti-clockwise.
- Boil Rose and Honey water in a separate cauldron, pour the two liquids into your caldron. Stir three times clockwise. It should have the consistency of skimmed milk.
- Allow mixture to cool and thicken. If the mixture isn't thickening, a pinch of ground Wartcap Powder should suffice.